Bioderma Sensibio H2O Review

7:00:00 AM

I have been so busy and stressed and overwhelmed lately that I have had no time for my blog. However today I realised that despite all the stress from exams and work, I have not been breaking out with massive pimples! 
So I did a quick scan through my routine and realised I have started using the Bioderma Sensibio H2O Micelle Solution prior to my face wash routine with the Phillips VisaPure. 

Here is what it looks like; 



I have a bad habit of getting my Mum to purchase goodies and products in HK and forgetting to use them, so I thought I might as well stick it in my routine. This was purchased as part of the Limited Edition Twin Edition as it was better value for money (Buying in Bulk :P). I haven't actually used Bioderma previously, but I had requested this purchase because I have heard awesome things about it. 

It is described via Bioderma website as 'specially formulated for sensitive, normal to dry skin, the Sensibio H2O micelle solution gently cleanses face and eyes. It removes water-resistant make-up. The micelles contained in its formula effcively micro-emulsify impurities while maintaing the skin's balance (soap-free, physiological pH). And I must say… what a mouthful. 

So here it is… Micelles is basically tiny balls of molecules. Apart from that I actually have no idea what it meant, even reading two science explanations - So it is tiny balls of molecules, and it is microscopically dispersed throughout another substance. All in all it sounds impressive. But I still have no idea what it is. 

Let me try and describe Bioderma minus all the technicals. It comes out as a water-like liquid, it is not sticky, nor does it smell alcoholic. If I were to pour water and the Sensibio H2O into a bowl, I would assume they were both water. 

I love it because ...

- It does not leave my skin irritated 
Sometimes cleansing and removing water-resistant make up can be a difficult task which leaves the skin a little sore and red from vigorous cleaning.  Although it looks and feels like water, this is quite a strong solution, generally with the ability to remove lots of make up in two to three swipes across the face. No need for rubbing, and continuous wiping. 

- Does not have sticky residue 
It leaves the face cleansed and refreshed. 

- It doesn't break me out
Yes, sometimes strong cleansers break me out almost instantly overnight. Especially when I have to use alot of solution to remove thicker amounts of makeup. Regardless of the amount needed to be applied, this still does not break me out. 
Oil based removers (such as Shu Uemura) requires alot of patience and care to ensure all oil residue is removed, if not it makes me prone to pimples everywhere!! 

- It compliments my current night cleansing routine!!
An extra step to gently remove make up meant that my face was cleaner, and helped me to reduce stubborn reoccurring pimples. It doesn't strip the oils off my skin leaving me dry. 
Don't get me wrong,  I still have pimples here and there but my overall complexion is smoother, brighter. 

- Price point 
250ml for AUD $30. 
I don't think it is a pricey product, depending on how generous you are with it. But definitely cheaper in asia. 

I dislike it because… 

- I have no dislikes haha 


I love how efficient this product is, and it does what it claims. So here is the removal process. 
At the end I have used an oil blotter to show that it doesn't leave yukky residue on your skin after removing tricky things like glittering eyeliners. 









I absolutely LOVE the Bioderma Sensibio H2O cleanser/make up remover. And I don't think I could take it out of my routine now! Would I repurchase this product? Yes please. 

Hoping everyone skin stays pimple free during stressful exam periods everyone! 

xoxo 
Penn 






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe