Review; Dr Scholl - Medi QttO Sleep Wearing Slimming Socks

4:42:00 AM

There have been so many drastic changes to my workplace over the last month, and increasingly I have been wearing high heels everyday to look professional and top of my game!

I love the look of high heels, and wearing them also gives me an instant confidence boost; however they make of feet so sore by the end of the day, and my calf muscles feel really stiff and like they are ready to explode!

I travelled to Japan with my parents about 2 years ago, and noticed that the Japanese had these "Compression Sock/Stockings" in all their pharmacies. I did not know any japanese whatsoever, however the box says something on the lines of "beautiful legs" and "especially designed for your legs at night" which basically sold me immediately! The product name is Dr Scholl - Medi QttO Sleep Wearing Slimming Socks and the original purpose of the socks is to assist in slimming your legs.
This is my solution to better circulation, tired leg muscles recovery and the prevent of having tight stiff calf muscles.



They come in three sizes, M, L and LL; and sizes are dependent on the length of your legs, therefore people with supermodel length legs (lucky ducks!) you can be assured there are options available to you as well! 
From your ankles, to your calves and to your thighs there are different levels of compression, therefore it is important to ensure you have the right size so the correct compression for the right areas. 


What I liked… 

- It is really hassle free, just pop it on before bed and that is it. I find that it relieves the pressures of my legs and muscles after a long day at work in high heels. This is the best thing to have for general leg care!

- It never breaks! You never really use the socks anywhere but when you are sleeping, so wear and tear is minimal. Investing in a pair once can last you years!

- Reduces bulky muscles, has a leg sliming affect. This is not proven by anything/anyone scientific at all! However, I find that my legs muscles - especially my calf muscles - feel very hard and stiff when I exercise too much or if I spend continuous days in heels. The feeling of hardened muscles make my legs look bulky, and I feel like wearing the compressions helps those muscles relax again into their natural state. So for me I feel like it slims the legs, by reduce muscles stiffness. 

- Prevents swelling in the legs. Good for people who cramp in their sleep, or recovery after exercising. 

- Good for blood circulation 

What I disliked… 

- Compression stockings sometimes fall off during sleep. This never occurred in the first year I purchase the sleeping socks, however in the second year, it started rolling and falling off in my sleep. 
This could either mean 
1) I was wayyy too rough with it initially and loosened the tightness/compression feeling of the socks
2) I sleep like a crazy lady
Which I must say, are two things that very very likely may have both happened. 

 - It can seem like there is no results. I don't know what expectations one could have on a pair of socks. However, don't expect miracle slimming in your leg muscles, I would recommend this for general leg care and relief of tired sore legs. If you end up slimming then that is a bonus. 



The inspiration to this post, was because I have since purchased a new pair of Dr School - Medi Otto compression sleeping socks from Japan, and casually mentioned to my friend, and she had  no idea these existed! These socks are too amazing to not share! 

These compressions stockings are also the same reason I have started wearing small compressions grade black stockings to work. The relief in my legs IS. AMAZING. 



Has anyone tried other Scholl products? 

xoxo 
Penn 

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. I haven't tried a scholl product yet...But the socks seem interesting haha Sometimes I ask myself what the hell are they selling in Japan^^
    http://itsmeeejennyy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Jenny! The Japanese come up with the weirdest but coolest things!

      Delete
  2. Nice review! I saw this on japanese magazine but can't find it in France ToT

    I'm new reader here!
    Maybe we can follow each other?
    My blog: http://worldismagiiic.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen this available on Amazon! Hopefully they can ship to France! :)

      Would love to! Followed!

      Delete
  3. omg~ that sounds awesome!! I really need some, because my legs have horrible circulation~ these compression socks sound amazingly comfortable XD hahaha

    XOXO Jo
    http://opalandopal.com/

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe