Because Love is Everything.

11:12:00 PM


It is World Vision Thursday, and everything is starting to fall in place and it feels more and more like home in each and every visit. 
Today we had 2.2 of Common Ground - an initiative for P&C team and business partners to get together and hold an informal meeting. Today Patrick did a presentation on love. 
It was so powerful, it focused on what needed to be done in a positive light. 
The need to plant the seed, and look at things in perspective. 
Every little thing, every little action counts. 
I would never have imagined, prior to joining WVA that I would be quoting the bible on my blog - I always feel like I couldn't. 
However this exert he read today was lovely. 
Consider placing I with your own name, and you realise how we can all try to strive to love thy neighbours and to live life with grace. 
Because "mercy" implies that you are withholding punishment from the deserving. While "grace" is to act kindly, in a good manner to someone who is underserving. 

1 Corinthians 13

The Way of Love

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned,[a] but have not love, I gain nothing.Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;[b] it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away. 11 When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways. 12 For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.13 So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.


Therefore, from today, my new PC challenge has begun. 

PC's 52 Kind Things Challenge. 


Every week I will try to do something kind for a family member, friends, work mates, strangers in the hope that because they received kindness that they themselves will be kind to someone else in their life.

As Patrick mentioned in the meeting, we just need to plant the seed.  

xoxo 
Pebble Penn 




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Subscribe