Revlon 3D Jewel Appliqués Nail Art

7:44:00 AM

My nail product ban literally only lasted for 2 weeks and I couldn't stop myself from buying more! 
First it was the Revlon Parfumerie Ginger Melon and Fresh Linen that broke my self-imposed ban. And to matters worse, while I was at Target (where they had a 3 for the price of 2 promotion) I saw the Revlon 3D Jewel Appliqués packs and could not resist.


I have never used nail stickers before, because I always wondered whether it was a hassle removing them and also because it is quite expensive (RRP 15.95 - I think), and you can only use it once, alot less versatile in comparison to a bottle of nail polish!
But I had read a few blogs about it, and it was highly recommended by many, so I just brought it! (Was poor for that week, so I ate in and was pretty much a hermit and did not go out to make up for it! No pain no gain!)

To the left is Beaded Couture, by Marchesa
And the right is 01 About A Pearl, 3D Jewel Appliqués Wild Flowers 




So as per instructions behind the packet, I wiped my nails with standard remover ( I use Cutex Nourishing Nail Polish Remover)  and then took out the kit.
It was less Nail Art stickers than what I had expected, probably only enough for two applications of both hands. However this did not curb my excitement!
I measured my fingers against the Nail Art stickers and got straight to it.
I removed it from the film, using my fingers to hold the top of the sticker - which I later realised could not be cut in half to use on another finger, therefore the top will never make it on your nails, so it is no bigger to have a firm grip of the top of it.
Aligning the sticker to my cuticles turned out to be a harder task then I had anticipated, I didn't want odd gaps, or bumps so I took some time hovering and attempted to place it perfectly. And then once it was on, I use the file provided to file off the ends.
And that was it.
I absolutely could not believe how easy this was, nails look so gorgeous and elegant right now, but with limited effort. If I were to be drawing with nail polish onto my nails with the same design, I would be here all night, with a perfect left hand design and a wobbly wonky right hand one.

Here are the final results, the pictures are quite large as it allows you to see the detail it provides.


I would recommend this for people who like convenience, and also likes to have awesome designs without having to have a steady hand.
It was so simple, and the patterns so so so so gorgeous! It ended up so elegant and looks like I have put a lot of effort into it.

I did put a top coat on in the hope that it will last longer! However I will let you guys know in a week or so how that goes.

For the price of how many times I can use a packet, its probably more in the expensive range for my current economic situation (being super poor and just paid nearly $5k for a USA holiday in July), however I really do love this, and once I get back up and running with a FT job and have more disposable income, I would say, Revlon 3D Jewel Appliqués all the way.

xoxo
Penn

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Oh very cute nails design~
    Comment to me back, to keep in touch~
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! I love the design too!
      Will check out your blog as well :) Keep in touch!

      Delete

Subscribe